Dr. Aimée Kaye, N.D.
Dr. Aimée Kaye, ND
Originally from Eastern Canada, Dr. Kaye first came to Alaska to work as a Fisheries Biologist in 2005. She fell in love with Alaska and decided to return after graduating from Bastyr University with a degree in Naturopathic Medicine. She specializes in Primary Care, Sports Medicine, Preconception Health, and Women’s Health. Dr. Kaye has spent over 10 years working in wildlife research, various health programs and advocating for community health justice. Integrating these experiences, she seeks to inspire and empower her patients to live their best lives.
- Bastyr University, Seattle, WA - Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- University Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO - Bachelors of Science in Organismal Biology with minor in General Chemistry
- Birth Doula Training, Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations
- Student Representative of Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Internship: Ayurvedic and Rural Medicine with M.S. Negi, MD at Nature Quest India Clinic (Than Goan Village, India)
- Student Research: “Analysis of Antiproliferative Effect of Asparagus racemosus Whole Root Extract on MCF-7 cells using MTT assay”, Bastyr University
- Completed clinical rounds in Seattle at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health, Mary’s Place Homeless Shelter, Consejo Counseling and Referral Service and Bastyr Diabetes and Cardiovascular Wellness Center
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence, University of Northern Colorado
WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO TREAT AND WHY?
I am trained as a primary care family physician. My professional emphasis is in Preconception Health, Woman’s Medicine, digestive health and Sports Medicine. To do so, I like to incorporate a variety of therapies and traditions such as visceral manipulation, myofascial analysis, Ayurvedic medicine and muscle energy technique. In addition, I have particular interest in the social determinants of health, Rural and Wilderness Medicine
I love to treat individuals that are seeking personalized care to address their health. In my practice I often work with patients to improve their nutrition, athletic performance, digestive and reproductive health. The transformational healing that can happen when you create the environment necessary for the body to heal itself is truly amazing.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN ALASKA AND WHY DID YOU MOVE HERE?
I originally moved to Alaska in 2005 to work as a Biologist. Now I am returning from medical school and this is my first year living in the interior!
WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED BEFORE ALASKA?
Previous to living in Alaska I have lived in Seattle, along the front range of Colorado, Northern and Southern California, the island of Oahu, HI, and eastern Canada where I was born.
I began my career in 2005 as a Fisheries Biologist working in the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands. I also spent time working as an Outdoor Science Teacher, Community and Health Development Researcher and River Ranger. My deep passion to create a positive change in the lives of individuals, society and the environment eventually led me to pursue a career in Naturopathic Medicine.
HOBBIES AND OTHER INTEREST?
- Dancing salsa and ballet
- Science fiction
- Community activism
The majority of my family lives in Eastern Canada, New York, Western Europe and Jamaica, with my dad, sisters, niece and nephews living in Germany and Texas. My wonderful fiancé, Jake, visits frequently from Seattle.
- Birth Matters and Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
- Nature and Walking by Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau
- My Water Cure by Sebastian Kneipp
- How to Love by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Exhuberant Animal and Change Your Body, Change the World By Frank Forencich
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Website: Follow Dr. Kaye on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/drkayemedicine