Complex diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction at ACNM clinic
Erectile dysfunction is the inability of a man to achieve an erection and maintain it at a level sufficient for sexual intercourse. These violations tend to recur periodically. Some sources equate erectile dysfunction with impotence. However, the latter term suspects a serious degree of sexual dysfunction that is difficult to treat. ACNM doctors of the urology department diagnose the causes of erectile dysfunction and prescribe complex treatment.
CAUSES OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
An erection occurs as a result of filling the cavernous and spongy bodies of the penis with blood. In this case, the arteries feeding them expand, and the veins through which blood flows from the penis are sharply narrowed.
There may be several reasons for the violation of this mechanism:
- endocrine problems. Erectile dysfunction can be caused by insufficient levels of the male sex hormone testosterone. Also, erectile dysfunction can be associated with problems in the work of the pituitary gland, occur with diabetes;
- vascular disorders, including atherosclerosis and varicose veins. In the case of vascular diseases, the balance of blood flow to the penis and outflow from it is disturbed. In this case, an erection can come and end quickly or come with difficulty and be unstable;
- local diseases, for example, inflammation (in particular, prostatitis), trauma to the penis, hardening of the cavernous tissue, etc;
- neurological diseases, which include epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, brain and spinal cord injuries;
- taking medications, alcohol abuse, drug use;
- the psychological state of the patient. Overwork, stress, depression, various phobias affect erection.
DIAGNOSTICS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION AT ACNM CLINIC
In the course of complex diagnostic measures, the specialists of ACNM Clinic based in the USA reveal the true cause of erectile dysfunction. The test called “Artificial pharmacological erection” allows you to assess the quality and duration of erection, differentiate psychogenic and organic disorders, and identify vascular disorders.
Laboratory tests include determining a man’s hormonal status, blood sugar levels, examining sperm, prostate secretions, tests for STDs, PSA, etc. Ultrasound examinations and Doppler ultrasonography of blood vessels are also carried out. Cavernosography (X-ray examination of the corpora cavernosa of the penis), CT, or MRI may be required.
ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION TREATMENT
The urologist of the ACNM clinic, together with other specialists (endocrinologist, cardiologist, neurologist), prescribes treatment aimed at eliminating endocrine disorders, cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In addition to drugs, psychotherapeutic effects, laser therapy, magnetotherapy, and negative pressure treatment are used.
One of the most effective ways to restore sexual function is intracavernous injections of vasoactive drugs. In some cases, conservative methods are not enough to restore erectile function, so you have to resort to a surgical solution to the problem, up to phalloplasty (penile prosthetics). In order not to completely lose erectile function, at the first problem with potency, you should immediately contact a competent specialist in the field of urology-andrology.
You can see the prices for services or Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Drugs in the price list or check the phone number indicated on the website.