COMPLIMENTARY SPINAL EXAMS FROM DR. SHAWNA VICTORINO!
It’s that time again! Join breastfeeding and pumping moms, friends and family to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week at the Fairbanks Big Latch On. In this global synchronized event we will work to break the world record for breastfeeding. Stay for fun activities, food and giveaways after!
Registration starts at 9:30 and you must be registered by 10:20 to be counted for the world record. Bring your baby or toddler and a blanket to sit on!
Vendors and non-profit organizations are welcome to attend and support our local breastfeeding mothers. For more information call (907) 456-9054 or email email@example.com.
Please like our page to keep up to date on how RCPC supports healthy, happy families and the community!
For more information about the Global Big Latch On visit https://biglatchon.org/
INFO FROM THE GLOBAL LATCH ON
Global Big Latch On events take place in Fairbanks, AK and at registered locations around the world, where people gather together to breastfeed and offer peer support to each other. Their friends, family and community join this celebration to promote and support breastfeeding. Volunteers from within the community host each location, hosting a Global Big Latch On event creates a lasting support network for the community.
The Global Big Latch On takes place annually over three days during World Breastfeeding Week (1st – 7th August), it includes in person locations and virtual attendance. Our other World Breastfeeding Week Celebrations include Working Wednesday and Express Yourself. As a worldwide peer support and community development event, it aims to strengthen national and global support for breastfeeding and to improve the health of children and women around the world.
Global Big Latch On events aim to protect, promote & support breastfeeding families by:
- Provide support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide on-going breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding as normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for people who breastfeed – they are supported by their partners, family and their communities.
- Ensure communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
Global Big Latch On events are highly successful, targeted community development initiatives that raise awareness of breastfeeding, encourage the formation of support networks between breastfeeding persons, and aim to normalize breastfeeding as a part of daily life.
History Of Big Latch On
- Women’s Health Action started the Big Latch On in New Zealand, in 2005.
- Joanne Edwards (Small Beginnings Group, LLC) introduced the Big Latch On to Portland, Oregon in 2010.
- In 2011, Annie Brown and members of Le Leche League USA worked with Joanne to grow the Big Latch On across the USA.
- Women’s Health Action and the Big Latch On Global Coordinator Joanne Edwards of Small Beginnings Group, LLC joined forces in 2012.